- Collection of Information.
- User Direct Information: Each time you provide transmit information via the its website, Insurance.tv may obtain and collect personally identifiable information provided by you, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, social security number, credit card information, and telephone number. You may also provide us with information that, when combined with personally identifiable information, provides us with a better idea of who you are, including but not limited to your gender, birthday, marital status, and education level (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”). If you choose to access our website, use our services or purchase our products, we may require you to provide Personal Information as indicated on the forms throughout the site.
- Survey Information: Insurance.tv may collect information from you when you voluntarily complete a Insurance.tv survey, order form, or a registration page either online by using the internet, offline by providing this information through the mail, in person or using a telephone. This information may be collected by surveys, order forms, or registration pages operated by third parties. This method of collection is collectively known as a “Survey.” In such Surveys, Insurance.tv or a third party may ask you to provide personal identifiable information including your name, email address, street address, zip code, telephone numbers (including cell phone numbers and carriers), birth date, gender, salary range, education and marital status, occupation, social security number, employment information, personal and online interests, and such other information as may be requested from time to time. Insurance.tv may also collect such information concerning you from another source and uses that information in combination with information provided from our website. Completing the Surveys is completely voluntary.
- Third Party Information: Insurance.tv may collect information from you when you provide information to a third party and Insurance.tv subsequently acquires the information from the third party. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, street address, zip code, telephone numbers (including cell phone numbers and carriers), birth date, gender, salary range, education and marital status, occupation, industry of employment, personal and online interests, and such other information as the you may have provided to the third party. When acquiring this information, Insurance.tv seeks assurances from the third party that you agreed to provide and have such information acquired by Insurance.tv. If you did not give express permission, or you would like to remove your permission, you may suppress all of your information by sending notification to us at info@Insurance.tv.
- Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Info Collected Using Technology: Insurance.tv currently uses cookie and web beacon technology to associate certain Internet-related information about you with information about you in its database. Additionally, Insurance.tv may use other new and evolving sources of information in the future.
- Web Beacons: A web beacon is a programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page, but can also be used to transfer your unique user identification to a database and associate you with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows Insurance.tv to track certain websites you visit. Web beacons are used to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes to determine products or services you may be interested in. In addition to using web beacons on web pages, Insurance.tv may also use web beacons in email messages sent to individuals listed in Insurance.tv’s database.
- IP Addresses: Insurance.tv automatically tracks certain information based upon your behavior on the site. We may use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address. Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) is a unique Internet “address” which is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”). For local area network (“LAN”), DSL, or cable modem users, an IP address may be permanently assigned to a particular computer. IP addresses are automatically logged by web servers, collecting information about a user’s traffic patterns. While the IP address does not identify an individual by name, it may, with the cooperation of the ISP, be used to locate and identify an individual using the web. Your IP address can, however, reveal what geographic area you are connecting from, or which ISP you are using. Finally, other websites you visit have IP addresses, and we may collect the IP addresses of those websites and their pages.
- Data Analysis: Data analysis technology may be employed from time to time if used by a client of Insurance.tv.
- New Technology: The use of technology on the Internet, including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly developing. As a result, Insurance.tv strongly encourages individuals to revisit this policy for any updates regarding its use of new technology.
- No Information Collected from Children: Insurance.tv will never knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under the age of 13. If Insurance.tv obtains actual knowledge that it has collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from its database. Because it does not collect such information, Insurance.tv has no such information to use or to disclose to third parties. Insurance.tv has designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
- Use of Personal Information.
- Customer Service: Insurance.tv uses your Personal Information to improve its services to its customers.
- Insurance Quotes. Insurance.tv uses your Personal Information to provide you with insurance quotes. By submitting your Personal Information you are requesting an insurance quote, and you are authorizing the recipients of your information (the agents) to use it in a manner deemed necessary to provide you with an accurate quote on your insurance. Furthermore, by submitting a form with your telephone number you are consenting for Insurance.tv and all authorized agents to contact you even if your name is on a Federal or State “Do Not Call List”. In order to provide you with insurance quotes, you authorize Insurance.tv to provide your Personal Information to local and national insurance agents and to third party agent networks. Therefore, you authorize those insurance agents to contact you by phone and email, and expressly authorize those insurance agents to contact you by phone even if your name appears on the National Do Not Call Registry or any State “Do Not Call” registries.
- Marketing: As further described in this Section 2, Insurance.tv will use your Personal Information for any marketing and survey purpose on behalf of Insurance.tv and its affiliates and subsidiaries to send information to you about additional goods or services that may be of interest to you. In addition, Insurance.tv will disclose your Personal Information to third party agents and independent contractors to help us conduct our marketing and survey efforts and to share with other companies in connection with marketing efforts including but not limited to direct marketing. You may have no relationship with these other companies.
- Complying with Legal Process: Insurance.tv will use or disclose your Personal Information in response to subpoenas, court orders, warrants, or legal process, or to otherwise establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or in the event you violate or breach an agreement with Insurance.tv. Insurance.tv will use and disclose your Personal Information if we believe you will harm the property or rights of Insurance.tv, its owners, or those of Insurance.tv’s other customers. Finally, we will use or disclose your Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Insurance.tv’s acceptable use policy, or as otherwise required by law when responding to subpoenas, court orders and other legal processes.
- Order Fulfillment: Insurance.tv will transfer your Personal Information to third parties when necessary to provide a product or service that you order from such third party while using Insurance.tv’s websites or when responding to offers provided by Insurance.tv.
- Data Summary: Insurance.tv may sell or transfer non-individualized information, such as summary or aggregated anonymous information about all persons or sub-groups of persons.
- Third Parties: Insurance.tv may provide your Personal Information to third parties with whom they have a business relationship for the purposes of securing the services and products you have requested or provide you with additional marketing materials from which you may choose additional products or services.
- Email and Unsubscribe Policy. Insurance.tv uses Personal Information to provide promotional offers by email to individuals. Insurance.tv may maintain separate email lists for different purposes. If email recipients wish to end their email subscription from a particular list, they need to follow the instructions at the end of each email message to unsubscribe from the particular list. This website also allows visitors to unsubscribe from this offer so that they will not receive future messages. After unsubscribing we will discontinue sending the particular messages as soon as technically feasible. Insurance.tv’s unsubscribe process impacts only the future delivery of electronic mailings disseminated by Insurance.tv on its own behalf. You may still receive electronic mailings sent on behalf of third parties and your Personal Information may still be shared with third parties for use in offline marketing and data appends, including email appends. You should also note that unsubscribing from Insurance.tv’s electronic mailings will not automatically unsubscribe the subscriber’s information from any third party business associates and licensees of the data. Since third party associates and licensee partners maintain separate databases from Insurance.tv, and you will need to unsubscribe from each source individually, if desired. This allows you the freedom to pick and choose which subscriptions to maintain and which to discontinue.
- Content of Email Messages. In certain commercial email messages sent by Insurance.tv, an advertiser’s name will appear in the “From:” line but hitting the “Reply” button will cause a reply email to be sent to Insurance.tv. The “Subject:” line of Insurance.tv’s email messages will usually contain a line provided from the advertiser to Insurance.tv.
- Targeted Advertising. Insurance.tv uses Personal Information to target advertising to an individual. When an individual is using the Internet, Insurance.tv uses may use technology to associate an individual with that person’s Personal Information, and Insurance.tv attempts to show advertising for products and services in which the person has expressed an interest in the Surveys, indicated an interest by means of its technology, and otherwise. Insurance.tv may, at its discretion, target advertising by using email, direct mail, telephones, cell phones, SMS, text messaging and other means of communication to provide promotional offers.
- Telemarketing. By registering and using this website, you acknowledge that Insurance.tv uses Personal Information to advertise, directly or indirectly, to individuals using direct mail marketing or telemarketing using telephones and cell phones expressly and you authorize Insurance.tv and its business associates to contact you by phone even if your name appears on the National Do Not Call Registry or any State “Do Not Call” registries.
- Profiles of Individuals. Insurance.tv uses Personal Information to make a profile of an individual. A profile can be created by combining Survey information and third party information with other sources of Personal Information such as information obtained from public databases.
- Affiliations/Merger/Sale: Insurance.tv further reserves the right to disclose, transfer or sell your Personal Information to companies who are affiliated with Insurance.tv in Insurance.tv’s sole discretion. If Insurance.tv changes ownership through an acquisition, merger, sale or other change of business status, it reserves the right to transfer or assign the right to use your Personal Information collected from Insurance.tv’s websites.